Skip to main content

Praying for "love"

Dear Love,

I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened...

It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place (IIITb) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries covering your beautiful shining white face. You are marvel of your creators, always smiling and cheerful, smart and beautiful. The moment I saw you, I knew my life is no longer the same.

But, I know you were not just a senseless beauty. You were smart at your work also. Do you remember the day when I got that "Knight's Tour" project, and you helped me for long hours to complete my task. For several hours I kept you awake, still you were smiling and taking care of me. Your presence makes me strong, and I start feeling that there is someone who knows me, understands me and will always stand for me whenever I will be low. You know one secret fact, many of your habits initially appeared too baroque to me, but gradually I learnt that those habits have some meaning, they are important for development of human kind.

I remember my first gift to you, Yarrow. I was afraid that whether you will like my gift or not. But then like always, you were gracious enough to accept my gift. However, I should not have given you that gift. It caused much problem to you and many a times you faced problem while using that gift. However, I think you liked Tettnang, the cozy suit that I gave to you. You looked comfortable in that gift. But I felt that still there is something missing. I thought its better to give something beautiful, handsome enough. Then suddenly I got information about a new design, people were calling it Heidelberg. I worked extra hours to get that gift for you. I also managed to give you a music box, but then I know how much trouble you were suffering in while using it. We used to talk on many issues. Be it news, movies, technology or family matters. Ours was a unique world, and life was no more boring and suffocating. I remember how much happy you were when I gifted you this Stentz suite, you were dancing madly. This was the time when both of us were working really hard. I used to give many of my jobs to you. Some times, I used to get tired but even then, you never showed any grim on your face. You appeared quite supportive and even when I slept, you continued to work.

Time causes change. The discipline of the world is that everyone has to earn his piece of bread. I have to go for my job. I know how bad I used to feel when in morning 8AM I used to leave you. For the full day you were alone. Then in evening when I used to come back, I know you were not able to conceal your happiness. We used to talk a lot, gossip for hours. I still remember, once I was much tensed while doing my assignment at my office. The work was pending for many days. In immense tension I bought that work at home. You dear, you made my job quite easy. You graciously completed my work and I was in awe of your mettle. This time I gifted you Bordeaux. God, you looked like a goddess. Although I could not give you jewelries but still you were very happy.

Days passed. For many days, you were quite alone. I know you knew that I am busy, but shame on me that I could not understand your problems. You were in bad health. I should have taken you to doctor, but every time you pretended that you are quite well. Dear, I should have understood your problem. Now for many days, you are very ill. Sometimes, you are almost unable to talk with me. I am feeling your pain, and I pray to god for your quick recovery. I have firm belief that you will soon get well in few days. Once you will get well, I will gift you new suits. I know I am not a rich person, but dear, lal topi waale, are good people. They do not cause much expense, apart from some carriage cost. Get well soon, I have many things to talk with you.

Yours,

Mukul

Comments

  1. Reetesh,
    Well, I know most of the bloggers may be in doubt that who is she?
    Let me tell you all, I know her and I am also part of her life and really enjoyed her companion,feelings and love.
    I must say she is unimaginable, beautiful and so, plays one of the most important life in Reetesh's life.

    Guess who?
    Let me solve the mystery.
    None other than his HP Laptop.
    Am I right Mukul?

    I must say life can be only go more tech-savvy for this guy in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha deeepak so u revealed the fact. Yes lappy is my oxygen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow mukul really an interesting love mail.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. will u plz tell me wat is yarrow n tentnag.i m quite inquisitive n find these wordings quite alien.i can guess these r technical words.....am i right????

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anon(last anon) ---

    Yarrow and Tentnag are actually name of fedora group created linux versions.

    (a) Linux -- Is an Operating System, like Windows. Its free and strong OS.

    (b) Fedora -- Is an open source society, formed in connection with redhat. RedHat are some of the people who make Linux OS. Other are SuSe, Mandrake, Knoppix, Ubuntu and many more.

    Is the description okay. May I know your name ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Reetesh,

    Firstly congratulations on your job offer. You deserve the best.

    Secondly, this post of yours was great. I actually was imagining all the girls in our college...I was thinking - so which girl is working in Chitrakavya? And I was able to narrow the choice down to a single girl. Then I later remembered that she wore black suits too!! And I thought that you were quite challu and you gave gifts to girls.(joking) :-)

    But when I saw the comments - your seedha sadha, bola balla attitude was still the same!

    Anyway...I have a few questions for you:
    1. I am facing a lot of dilemma about which Linux distributions I should try? Whether I should go for Fedora or Ubuntu or should it be Debian. I really don't know what parameters I should consider before installing the next Linux distribution...

    Currently, I am running Suse 9.1 - Sometimes, I wonder if all Linux distributions are the same.

    I am also waiting to see when you would update your C++ blog!!

    I am a timid guy and cannot face you though you are such a nice person - please help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @anon --- Thanks for best wishes anon. Aha, as I told to Deepak, Lappy is oxygen for me. By the way I worked on "Knights Tour" not "Chitrakavya". They are different problems. (Although the link I have given beneath "Knight's Tour" is ofcourse misleading.)
    Linux -- I have yet to go through it in a comprehensive way. I have only used "Fedorx Core #" so far. So I don't know too much about other linux versions. All these linux are same at core kernel level. I use Fedora Core for following reasons:-

    > I get latest C and C++ libraries there.
    > All command line options are readily available.

    > Software suits are very large. Rarely I have to go to websites for development softwares.

    The main point is that I started using linux through Fedoras.I felt that it provides me with sufficent amount of software libraries (Boost,GNOME,Qt...), packages ... Perl, Ruby ..! I found on net that for programmar perspective fedora are very suitable.

    ::C++ Blog --- Yes this is my dream. I actually initially wanted to write a Science blog. But this will take 3-4 months to come on surface. For now I want to write C++ Blog. I will try my best to come up with it before the end of this month.

    There is no problem if you are not telling me that who you are. Important thing for me is that you read my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Reetesh . Though , for the few lines i got disguised , I made it after that it was none other than laptop . Man !! you have a got a great sense of screenplay talent in you . The way you describe things without boring the reader is great . Apart from IT industry you can have a go at film industry as well in the screenplay department .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thts really awesome,this is the first time,i cam across ur blog...n i swear i got really fascinated with ur first blog...ur description was really beautiful,i was literally searching for the names of ur classmates with whom u r close(sorry i made a mistake...),the whole life of a IIIT-Bian here is with a laptop...and ur narration makes everyone never forget their lappy in their lap...

    ur junior,
    sekhar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @viswanadh -- thanks for your points. I will try for Screenplays in future, may be by 2020. In fact one of my dream is to direct some good movie! (Hope its not too much).

    @chandu -- thanks Chandu bhai. We can think of lappy just as a machine, but then its impact on us is probably comparable to impact of any other person on us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grrr...Reetesh I'm gonna kill you.Read the post,dint know the terms you used for gifts so thought they must sum kinda perfumes,dresses...whatever.

    Saw 11 comments and generously curios flipped the page to see them.

    And holy hell...Deepak recognises her...errrr...it,to be your laptop!!!

    Geeeez....!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And Deepak...you too !!!
    C'mon ya guys...too damn much !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. None other than his HP Laptop.
    This is not HP lap top this is HT laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Cindrealla -- I am really crazy about Lappy ... crazy to any extent ... Thanks for comments.

    @Raja -- "HT" Laptop. Wot does it mean ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Jaane Woh Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ?

Jaane WOH Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ? (How were those people whose love got love ?) Have you heard this song ? Have you seen this movie -- Pyaasa ? ... Ye Dunia Mil Bhi Jaaye To Kya Hain... Pyaasa comes among Indian classics and the intensity of depiction of thoughts in this film is great. You will go with the flow of film (aha the movie is not parallel to the pace with which movie of our genre move) and will start thinking within your life. The title of this post is from one of the songs of this movie. In the due course of life we think about career, life, power and many other things. We meet people, talk with them, (people analyze them also) and then we move on ... sometimes with "something" ... thoughts, feelings are the primary one. Amitabh Bachchan was questioned -" Do you need friends". Reply -- "We feel nice when friends are there. But I don't need them. I would not have felt bad if there were no friends with me." You will think