Skip to main content

MetaTalk

There are Economic models which can be used to ascertain Society's Economic state.There are aspects of Computational Sociology which can model how Society behaves. Basically these are computational aspects, involving one or other kind of Mathematical models. But irrespective of absence or presence of these methodologies, Human Beings have this uncanny habit to guess - "Are the moral values of Society changing", "Whether a given religious setup is better than other".

Man has the habit to derive and predict. But these all aspects begin with a prologue. Creation of the prologue is in itself has deductive and inductive nature. But then it is more or less an area of crude experiments, it is like unprocessed resource. This is the area of creativity. Now are there methodologies to create prologue is a question which is on the common boundaries of Psychology, Philosophy and Logic. This is narrow area of a river where the current is high. And as there can be Psychological perspective, so there can be controversies.

But, any ways, yesterday (19th Oct), I was part of a grouping whose nature can be said to be like that of family grouping. Now in parallel to what is happening around you, you may like to abstract out how people communicate. This is not about the content of talk, it is more about how people introduce new topics, how they talk about those topics, how they substantiate their assertions, how they relate many a thing and also how they conclude. This kind of abstraction can be called meta-talk or stylishly MetaTalk.  Undoubtedly there were people there who were quite knowledgeable in terms of  introducing topics and communicating about them. Perhaps a mature talk. Nevertheless "MetaTalk" is not an impossibility.

These "MetaTalk" have following ingredient :=> (a) Start Communicating (b) Introduce Topics (c) Possibly discuss on topics non-intrusively (d) People gradually and vaguely conclude. Now the element (d) does not come in free. One needs to follow the process. (d) is what can be part of prologue I introduced above.

This sounds too trivial for we Human Beings. But wait, its formalism and also representation in computing system is way tougher. And however easy it might appear, any model of Computational Sociology and anyone who studies this area must keep track of (a)-(d); and should silently represent them in the system.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

The condition of Science

Though Mathematics and Physics are the most enrich and deeply developed fields, they are not getting prime attention from academia for many years. I thought that the situation is prevailing only in India, but it seems it has become a global epidemic. A Babe in the Universe is a blog by beautiful researcher L. Riofrio , working in the field of Cosmology. I initially thought that like many women she will be jelling with "life-is-a-saga-of-poetic-events" kind of attitude, but luckily that is not the case. Her blog is sincere approach towards disseminating knowledge of Cosmology in particular, and Physics in general. In one of her articles, Big Trouble in Little Particles , she has precisely pointed out the sorry state of affair between State and Physics:- The world of particle physics is getting small indeed. The UK budget is caught between Northern Rock and Southern Iraq. On December 11 the UK announced withdrawal from the International Linear Collider . One week later Decemb