Skip to main content

Some Talks

Tired of writing the type of pieces that I have written so far, I am planning for a serious change. I have thought of writing a Science Blog, where the term Science will be used in a generic sense. This means, different areas of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Life Sciences will be addressed. Further, areas like Computer Science and Communication will be dealt as a part of Mathematics, while areas like Biochemistry will be delat as a part of Life Sciences. Ofcourse there will be a certain degree of overlap, but then Nature does not know these subject matters. I have a certain feeling that every problem should have an algorithmic facet. Algorithms are most logical way to present a problem statment and corresponding solution. However, sometimes keeping balance with simplicity(which is original to the problem statement) is also necessary. I will try to keep the balance among the variables of the system.
The tragedy with Physics and Mathematics is that most of the times people give resepct to the ideas involved in them, but they are often unwilling to go through them. Often Mathematical Equations do not give the complete notion of the System they are constructed for, and they are supported by literature. Another thing is, Mathematical modellings involved in one area of Science and Technology. Can it be used in other area quite easily ? If the modelling can be used in many areas, then what are the fundamental elements constiuting them. For example, what is common between behavior of diode, first order chemical reactions, radioactivity and electric potential in the field of charged line. Is the decimal number system or binary system best choice among all number systems ? What is the most basic number system for a give area under study ?
I have thought of some problem statements. The treatment will be mostly theoretical in Nature. I will like to assist the solution with equations, pictures, easier navigation, programs (software programs will be typically written in some popular programming language), web links, books, possible journals. The task is definitely not easy, but then it will be a great experience. I will like to use googles' blog, and I am looking for software tools which can support the features I have mentioned and those I will need in due course.
I will like to analyze the problems that have been solved. There is a possibility of presenting them in newer ways. Also sometimes, many of the ways to look upon the problem remains untouched. And readers, you decide, which problem you are most interested in. Well I will write the Science blog not in this blog, will mention you the name later on. Also, I will keep writing the usual stuff in this blog.
I have my own limitations, my own sphere. I need your help and pointers to improve myself. For example, the motivation to write such a blog came from a friend of mine. I will like to get information from you that what type of subject matters I should touch, what should be the balance, what features you want to see, what is your preferable computer language(it should be one of the popular language, for example, C++ is my own choice) and many other things that you want to say. Do comment or write mail to me : reetesh.mukul@gmail.com Once the blog comes alive, please tell other people about it.

Comments

  1. Carry on Reetesh. I don't know how much I can get from your concepts because I beleive I am not that good technical guy. Still hope to learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear. I will try my best. Hope I use my time in well organized manner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

The condition of Science

Though Mathematics and Physics are the most enrich and deeply developed fields, they are not getting prime attention from academia for many years. I thought that the situation is prevailing only in India, but it seems it has become a global epidemic. A Babe in the Universe is a blog by beautiful researcher L. Riofrio , working in the field of Cosmology. I initially thought that like many women she will be jelling with "life-is-a-saga-of-poetic-events" kind of attitude, but luckily that is not the case. Her blog is sincere approach towards disseminating knowledge of Cosmology in particular, and Physics in general. In one of her articles, Big Trouble in Little Particles , she has precisely pointed out the sorry state of affair between State and Physics:- The world of particle physics is getting small indeed. The UK budget is caught between Northern Rock and Southern Iraq. On December 11 the UK announced withdrawal from the International Linear Collider . One week later Decemb