Skip to main content

Beginning of Tour - II

So, then I left for New Delhi, with the info that travel guys at my office have booked  itinerary  in Hotel Diplomat - sounding quite a classical name; with really classy images of it on web. But what you see is what you get  remains a wish in the Industry of Hotel, and then it is New Delhi. They significantly charged my office, and the room appeared too small, and some of the glasses (on almirah ) were tilted, almost giving the warning - hey, I  may put you in the company of Doctors. I managed. Managed my stay. Managed to stay. New Delhi was hosting CWG - Common Wealth Games in October, and security services made it appear like a fort. Or may be a Jail. It could be an idea that people may choose Delhi as a Tourist place just to watch neatly clad Security persons in different colors and decorations.
The next day, after giving VISA interview, and after getting cheated by the Taxi Driver or better to call  their management, I then rushed to Ratan's room, near Delhi University, near Kashmiri Gate. I was easily able to sense the environment within DU. The environment of College. The environment of Schools. Stiff competitions, extreme gossips, politics, films, styles, rickshaw and restaurants.

Hums, cigarettes, Paan and Tobacco, Jeans, Xerox machines, Wine, Kurta, creativity and Frustration.There is a room for every possible debate.

Ratan, has been my friend for years. He has traversed the corridors of  Colleges which are way different from mine. Actually I have not traversed corridors of college with the same intensity and vigor as Ratan has done. His journey began in Allahabad, and then at that time I was trying to get into some Government Engineering college. Government college because in those days going to Private colleges was never taken in a good sense - it just meant that you were provided a thrust with the help of money to join the Institute, - and when you do so you never owned the degree. However there was a sharper truth - we did not had enough money so that I could take admission in private colleges. But this is a fact which holds for many a families in India. Further in the days of my childhood, money was not the best thing of world. We were not in the clutches of money neither money was in our clutch. Families were more involved in the matters of custom, culture and gossips about each other which were never fatal or had perishing sense. So long there were reasons to be happy, - and actually we always used to find some reasons to remain happy; we were done. I don't think that because I was a child then, so only positive senses arrived to me; money and economy had never been prime choices in those days and days before those days. There were inclinations towards better life, owning things, but it never became units of thought. In all the murkiness and cheeriness of life there remained some set of "values" that we followed, - may be somewhat loosely and some time dishonestly - but never suppressed those values to death. I got admission into Engineering College and in the meantime Ratan moved to Allahabad for his long wishes to join higher ranks of Governance.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

Jaane Woh Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ?

Jaane WOH Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ? (How were those people whose love got love ?) Have you heard this song ? Have you seen this movie -- Pyaasa ? ... Ye Dunia Mil Bhi Jaaye To Kya Hain... Pyaasa comes among Indian classics and the intensity of depiction of thoughts in this film is great. You will go with the flow of film (aha the movie is not parallel to the pace with which movie of our genre move) and will start thinking within your life. The title of this post is from one of the songs of this movie. In the due course of life we think about career, life, power and many other things. We meet people, talk with them, (people analyze them also) and then we move on ... sometimes with "something" ... thoughts, feelings are the primary one. Amitabh Bachchan was questioned -" Do you need friends". Reply -- "We feel nice when friends are there. But I don't need them. I would not have felt bad if there were no friends with me." You will think