Skip to main content

The Australian Episode

If Indian television News media were a lady, or better say Indian Film Industry to Page 3 celebrity, who it would have resembled ? I'll go for Rakhi Sawant( for those who don't know her, please do not Google her for wiki pages, some masaala web pages will do the necessary). The morale for both is the same - keep speaking, rather keep boozing, till it advertises you, till it accelerates your TRP. And hey more and more you will pour out, all truth, all morality and all news will have free flow, free ascent. Something like captain cook iodized salt ... :). But 'm just hearing, someone is murmuring ... Rakhi is too frivolous while media has people like Pronoy Roy, Barkha Dutt, Mr. Rajdeep Sardesai and the Secular Superman Vinod Dua ... damn serious people, the pillars of Indian Television Journalism, ohh ... rather they are The Journalism themselves. Thankyou, ... so what ??? The lexicons, the words they beat ... solemnizes, casts whatever happens around in polarized way.

Whatever happened in Australia, is for sure a problem, or rather a social problem. Its happening in Australia, may be in UK or Germany also. But its not Australia the State who is doing this. Its the Australian society and Indian society coming up together has racial overtones. And as this is a problem, and solution involves people understanding the fact that whatever is happening over there is wrong, I suppose this needs serious handling. But then what I saw on TV screens is this - "Racist Australia ??" or "Amitabh ne Australia ko Tamacha maara". Very little respect for a country, very little respect for people over there. Okay, someone is saying, India is a Nuclear Power, Economic power, &@&^@* power, let it thunder them. Too insane.
Indian students(mostly from rich background or having good support system) go there for better facilities ... why not develop those facilities in India ? Or like if racism is at its height there, should not Indian and Australian government workout at social level to clean things. I assume these things may be happening already. I heard reports of Peace March over there.

But these things do not give veto to ... Indian Media to call Australia, a racist country. This is too bad an adjective. And too bad if some one from India says so.

What about the cast-creed mixed disastrously in India ?

What about North Indian students beaten in Maharashtra and whole India watching it sheepishly?

Moreover what about students coming from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar to India and studying over here? That the students of colleges making frequent mockery of them, and making them feel that they are separate islands?

Any Indian does not have morale right to tell any other country Racist ! First clean your rooms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Virginia Slims -- You've come a long way, baby

Phil Harris - Smoke Smoke Smoke That Cigarette Now I'm a fella with a heart of gold, The ways of a gentleman, I've been told. The kind of a guy that wouldn't even harm a flea But if me and a certain character met That guy that invented that cigarette I'd murder that son of a gun in the first degree. Well not because I don't smoke myself I don't reckon they'll harm your health I've smoked all my life and I'm not dead yet. But nicotine slaves are all the same, At a pettin' party or a poker game, Everything's must stop while they smoke a cigarette. Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! that cigarette. Puff! Puff! Puff! And if you smoke yourself to death, Tell Saint Peter at the golden gate That you hate to make him wait, But you got to have another cigarette. Now in a game of chance the other night, Old Dame Fortune was doing me right. The kings and queens just kept on comin' round I played 'em hard and I bet 'em high But my bluff didn't work on

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c