Skip to main content

The spiritual mission followers

It seemed almost dramatic, - Mr. Govind Jee's (name changed) sudden turn to Praja Pita Brahma Kumari Mission, a Hinduism oriented spiritual mission spread across India ( may be across the world, I have not inquired much). Not that he could not be a religious person, but his seemingly more involvement in this mission and spreading the thought of this mission in morning jogging time appeared hyperactive. All these activities started happening after his 30years old daughter died, almost 10 years ago, some say it was a suicide, some say there may have been some conspiracy; but Govind Jee who may be 65 something at that time gradually got involved in the spiritual mission. In the jogging time he used to catch people and explain the terms like Param Brahma, Brahma and many a phrases literally bound to Praja Pita mission. Unsurprisingly people were afraid of his company for it was either boring or irritating in subject matter. Though every body somehow goes into analytic of any context, but when it comes to religious matters, questioning sometimes is taken as disrespectful. The conceptions and logic of common Spiritual discourses are laid on religious ethos of masses; and people find it suitable not to question those things.


Govind Jee thus declared himself a spiritual person. And though people refrained discussing spiritual matters with him, still his visit to some one's house or even parties offered logisitc problems. His demands were always subtle. This kind of bed. That kind of food. Unfatefully his own sons and their families practically dejected him. At the age of 75 now, his wife still takes care of his meals; and because of his earlier government officer job he gets good pension to live with. Actually economy is not a problem for him, and quite tacitly he uses services of Praja Pita branches wherever he goes. Govind Jee lives his self. For him the idea of materialism or spiritualism has actually become Govindism. The uncanny and scrupulous attitude of attributing truism to your own.


I saw similar trait in Mr. Gupta Jee and Mr. Param, both aged above 60 and both bound to religious associations. Quite interestingly I saw some folks of my colleges practicing these things. I do not have any view point regarding whether these associations are good or not, still doing something which does not promote free thinking does not appeal much to me. I understand that religious believing sits down there in its own strength within us, but to not to inquire the changes and their objectivity which these believes bring to us seems wrong to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

The condition of Science

Though Mathematics and Physics are the most enrich and deeply developed fields, they are not getting prime attention from academia for many years. I thought that the situation is prevailing only in India, but it seems it has become a global epidemic. A Babe in the Universe is a blog by beautiful researcher L. Riofrio , working in the field of Cosmology. I initially thought that like many women she will be jelling with "life-is-a-saga-of-poetic-events" kind of attitude, but luckily that is not the case. Her blog is sincere approach towards disseminating knowledge of Cosmology in particular, and Physics in general. In one of her articles, Big Trouble in Little Particles , she has precisely pointed out the sorry state of affair between State and Physics:- The world of particle physics is getting small indeed. The UK budget is caught between Northern Rock and Southern Iraq. On December 11 the UK announced withdrawal from the International Linear Collider . One week later Decemb