Skip to main content

Social Analytics and Narendra Modi's Victory

This is a different time. This is a different generation. Youth of present India, who comprise major population of it, are not able to differentiate between Goodness or Badness. The definitions are blurred, often twisted, and sometimes in moral contradiction. Clever politicians should understand this notion. So when the Hinduism card is not working in India (people do get bored of monotonous slogan) , when people are recognizing the rhythm of "India Shining" ( Vajpayee government had fallen not because of this slogan, rather the confusion, the mutual contradiction of thought prevailing in the middle class of India at that time to accept the changes ) and when India suffers the most of Islamic terror; a radically polarized view point of "Moditva" arose. This surely is not a moralistic pathway; it has nothing to do with projecting ideologies of a religion (like Pope does often) though it uses religion to secure its position, and the followers will have to be hard on development for if they loose steam their fate will be similar to Shiv Sena in Maharastra. Nevertheless it is not vandalism every time, it does not make situation as dim as SP/BSP/BJP made in UP, RJD made in Bihar; it is not as anarchist as Communists (actually they are ~communists) . It has religious flavor, though it is not casteist; and cast has created severe problems, to India. However "Moditva" shares its elements with Nazism or Fascism.
Unluckily, Indian media has degraded in terms of quality over the time. It seems the degradation is proportional to the corresponding process in Indian politics. Media should be critical to the threads of thought emerging in social dynamics; it should not make decisions rather it should stir analytical discussion, it should present all available points to public. I could not find any positive reasoning in the way media clashed with Narendra Modi over Gujarat election. Vinod Dua, who is a complete mediocre and has many a purposes other than journalism, started his own roadshow on NDTV. Similarly a big fraction of media was fighting with Modi, as a political party. However the blog world was much balanced, thanks to "free writing", thanks to people who use their absolute mind while writing.
The present India does not believe in many a thing, its ideologies and mindset are different. The average Indian wants money, he wants having all kind of materialistic happiness, and he wants to win. In the era when personal happiness is most important, people vote for those who can deliver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

The condition of Science

Though Mathematics and Physics are the most enrich and deeply developed fields, they are not getting prime attention from academia for many years. I thought that the situation is prevailing only in India, but it seems it has become a global epidemic. A Babe in the Universe is a blog by beautiful researcher L. Riofrio , working in the field of Cosmology. I initially thought that like many women she will be jelling with "life-is-a-saga-of-poetic-events" kind of attitude, but luckily that is not the case. Her blog is sincere approach towards disseminating knowledge of Cosmology in particular, and Physics in general. In one of her articles, Big Trouble in Little Particles , she has precisely pointed out the sorry state of affair between State and Physics:- The world of particle physics is getting small indeed. The UK budget is caught between Northern Rock and Southern Iraq. On December 11 the UK announced withdrawal from the International Linear Collider . One week later Decemb