Skip to main content

Day 1

Yesterday I forgot (read slipped) to write post. I was quite aware that I have to write a new post, poor me, I could not. It happens, don't feel so bad ! :)

Yesterday, I went through interview of Thomas Friedman by Sonia Singh of NDTV.  Check for the conversation at 3:46 with Mani Shanakar Aiyer. I will not denigrate Mani's questionnaire, but what was recommendable is Friedman's optimism about India. It is important that people should become more confident about their future. Not only for India, but for entire Globe.




I cooked Khichdi yesterday, plain old type khichdi. I put lot of vegetables in it and yes it came good. I was very hungry, ate good enough, and like day before yesterday, I slept in day time. I rarely sleep in morning, may not have slept more than fifty times in my entire life, but I slept again. And actually I dislike sleeping in day time, though this time I felt fresh after I woke up. My aunt, my mother's sister, Mausi, always made sure in her, so far, life that she sleep for 3 hours in afternoon. Combine this with eight to nine hours sleep at night time, I will say she has been hibernating for fifty percent time in entire life. But that is fine, there is no necessity of becoming an Owl or a Donkey.

One friend of mine, worked till 12:30 PM in office and put this info on Facebook. His colleague replied, she slogged for even more. So people declare themselves an Owl or Donkey so that their Managers can hear there Dhenchu, Dhenchu. Necessary, man, Necessary.


I had a phone call late night, yesterday, from US, official. Attended it. Then there were other works piled up. Did some, left majority of others for future, and then it became like 1 AM (did you got what I meant to tell actually). Actually it became 2 AM. I have the same plain old type Khichdi, and there since I slept. So when I woke up by 9 AM or perhaps 9:30 AM, today, I was feeling like over slept. Have to rush for office, cab got missed, so took Auto. Like every day Auto Wallas fought with each other for who will get the customer. In between I missed my breakfast also.

At my home, I usually keep my Laptop and my Television alive almost full time. These days I am not liking fierce debates on News channels or interviews which are intended towards asking more of questions rather than getting answer. Though I like conversations between Mani Shankar Aiyer and Swapna Das Gupta. Such discussion enhances your social knowledge. I do not find my self agreeing with majority of points of these two folks, but well I am too novice.

Sister was still discussing who is better - Madhuri or Sri Devi. And in between came the topic of film Chandni. Chandni and Lamhe are two of the films whose album defines Yash Raj's film. Soothing locations, full of melody. Rishi Kapoor in Sweater.  Chandni was released during Durga Puja time. That was the era where Video cassettes were popular, and there was a Video Studio closer to our house. They used to make pirated Video Cassettes, actually piracy was too normal or common activity during those time. There was nothing illegal or legal about it, people were simply copying the content. And they used to keep their Television On, while film was getting copied by VCR. We children, specially I, watched so many movies much before they were public topic, and we were careless about whether it is a hit or flop. We never used to watch Naseeruddin Shah's or Om Puri's movie. They were Doordarshan kind of movies and even the visualization of those kind of movies used to put shivers in us. I also did not like Chandni, I used to dislike such rona-dhona (crying-frying) movies. But the songs I used to like, particularly  this one - Chandni mai teri Chandni.  Actually I started abandoning this movie ever since Rishi Kapoor in the movie meets accident. I managed to watch the movie completely, only during when I was traveling on Bus during my Undergrads days.
Lamhe I watched only partially, every one in my family watched it at my Uncle's home. But I was not there, and so I did not watch it. Actually I disliked Anil Kapoor without mustache.  Too bad. Chandni actually has too many memories. It came during the Durga Puja, perhaps my best so far. I was allowed to roam outside on my own.They really put great pandals, I found all the toys which should be bought and which should not be bought. Nothing is as great as the money of your parents which can buy whatever you think you must have.

Your success brings happiness to you when you can share it with those with whom you spent your childhood. But with age many of them drift away, and you very well know many of your successes lack the capability of eternal happiness.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying for "love"

Dear Love, I am sitting beside you. I know you are ill for several days. Your health looks miserable and many a times you were not able to respond. I have been busy in my work, and could not take care of yours. I am feeling really bad and guilty for my behavior. I remember those moments when we were talking, laughing and enjoying every moment of our life. Watching your pale face I am feeling sad and disheartened... It was almost two years back when we met. I came to this place ( IIITb ) alone, with none of my old friends with me. No one was here with whom I could talk, share my thoughts and was feeling as if I am in desert. True, it is that there were folks around me, but effectively, even then, life was dry and relentless. In those dark moments I met you. Initially you were unresponsive in many contexts, but gradually I came to know lot of things about you. Believe me, at the very first sight I got enchanted to you. You were the real fashionista, always wearing in black embroideries c

And There Ends My Academic Career ...

Results have come. I passed this year also with usual mental peace. Finally, after almost twenty years of passages, I have no more usual academic class to go through. There will be no more class tests, no more subjects, no more college projects, no more round making across college campus and yes no more spicy stories. You will tell me, okay you can have PhD yaar, but then I will respond back -- "no more interest". My career was never rosy and also it was never pale, it never made me jump high, but it never made be feel remorsed, it was a typical career of an average Indian student. I still remember how much it was tough to study Geography in school days and how many times my Father used to mention me exam schedules. I always disliked going to class and I will wonder if my average attendance through out my career will be more than 60%. Well, the white shirt and navy blue short was always boring to wear. I remember the first day when I cheated from my friend the definition of

Jaane Woh Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ?

Jaane WOH Kaise Log The Jinke Pyaar Ko Pyaar Mila ? (How were those people whose love got love ?) Have you heard this song ? Have you seen this movie -- Pyaasa ? ... Ye Dunia Mil Bhi Jaaye To Kya Hain... Pyaasa comes among Indian classics and the intensity of depiction of thoughts in this film is great. You will go with the flow of film (aha the movie is not parallel to the pace with which movie of our genre move) and will start thinking within your life. The title of this post is from one of the songs of this movie. In the due course of life we think about career, life, power and many other things. We meet people, talk with them, (people analyze them also) and then we move on ... sometimes with "something" ... thoughts, feelings are the primary one. Amitabh Bachchan was questioned -" Do you need friends". Reply -- "We feel nice when friends are there. But I don't need them. I would not have felt bad if there were no friends with me." You will think